please help dog attack!

purplethesurple

Hatching
Feb 17, 2015
England
Hi there
Pretty new to all this had my girls for four months all going great till two days ago my dog attacked jean luckily i caught her in time, her neck is almost bare of feathers no puncture wounds or bleeding but what looks like very sore skin. I have seperated her from the rest of the flock cleaned her wounds and applied antiseptic cream put her a darkend, warm and quite area. She is taking water from me through a syringe and has had tiny nibbles of some grapes. She is very subdued which i assume is shock. Really wanted to know if i have done the right things and is there anything else anyone could suggest as i am really worried her neck is going to become infected. Sorry for rambling on, thanks for listening
Mandie

You have done just what she needed! Yes, she is probably still in shock. In a day or two, she will hopefully start eating and drinking, when she calms down. Chicken wounds normally heal well and rapidly. Good luck!

Be sure you don't put anything on her with a "caine" product, such as lidocaine, cetacaine, etc.

Oh thats great thanks judy just wanted to make sure i have covered all areas, my poor little jean sounds so silly but i have really grown attached to her and would be heart broken if anything happend to her. Some people have advised i should get her put to sleep but i really want to give her the best chance. And no the cream i have used does not have anything in with caine in, thanks ever so much for replying

Back
Top Bottom