Please help! Duck with severely injured toe!

Is there a risk that it’s infected and could spread to other parts of his body? I have been actively treating it and it doesn’t seem to be. As long as I keep it disinfected will this be an issue?

Is the bone stickling out. Hard to tell with the pictures. And the toe is completely severed? What’s holding the toe onto the foot?
I can not tell if the bone is sticking out. The toe is connected on the other side by the middle toe but it feels very hard and dry. The toe is severed across to the middle toe, but the middle toe is fine from what I can tell.

I can try to get a better picture. Do you think it would be beneficial to try and wash off the blue Kote (not sure how) to get a better look at the toe? Would it be a good idea to wait and let it fall off or should I try to remove it. If I should remove it how would I go about that?

You could try putting a bandage on keep him out of water on clean bedding keep it clean unless you can get vet care I don’t think there is anything other than keeping it clean and medicated ointment on it. Only big problem would be infection setting in sepsis spreading . Do you have any antibiotics.? Animal or human?

You could try putting a bandage on keep him out of water on clean bedding keep it clean unless you can get vet care I don’t think there is anything other than keeping it clean and medicated ointment on it. Only big problem would be infection setting in sepsis spreading . Do you have any antibiotics.? Animal or human?

I have many sprays and things such as Vetericyn, first aid spray, Banixx, Blue Kote and a lot of others. I could get something if needed but probably not visit a vet due to Corona. I’m really hoping he’ll pull through. I have been constantly treating it with these and am hoping he doesn’t have an infection.
I will clean it again and I have Vetrap readily available.

Back
Top Bottom