PLEASE HELP EGG SHELLS STUCK IN HEN!

Sorry that I didn’t see this earlier, but I usually don’t see threads posted after 11 pm. Sorry to hear about your hen. How old is she? I am not sure why there would be both blood and egg material in your hen. Blood from the vent could be that egg shell broke inside. Cancer or fatty liver disease may also be causes of blood from the oviduct.

This morning it might be good to check her out and look at droppings, clean up her vent with soap and water, and again insert your finger into her vent to check for an egg, some shell, or more egg material. I would give her a human calcium tablet such as Caltrate or the generic one, for the next 3 days. Tums plus a little yogurt or cottage cheese can work as well.

Is she a heavy hen, and has she been regularly laying normal eggs up until now? Giving her another warm soak if you feel an egg can help her pass it.

Sorry that I didn’t see this earlier, but I usually don’t see threads posted after 11 pm. Sorry to hear about your hen. How old is she? I am not sure why there would be both blood and egg material in your hen. Blood from the vent could be that egg shell broke inside. Cancer or fatty liver disease may also be causes of blood from the oviduct.

This morning it might be good to check her out and look at droppings, clean up her vent with soap and water, and again insert your finger into her vent to check for an egg, some shell, or more egg material. I would give her a human calcium tablet such as Caltrate or the generic one, for the next 3 days. Tums plus a little yogurt or cottage cheese can work as well.

Is she a heavy hen, and has she been regularly laying normal eggs up until now? Giving her another warm soak if you feel an egg can help her pass it.
Last night i flushed out her rectum with cool water as I read on some other post. All that was coming out was regular poop and this white stuff which is assume was the regular uric acid. She's not a heavy hen. She was egg bound before but she managed to pass the egg after I rubbed her tummy. I beleive She's 3. I thought the blood was from an egg shell stuck inside of her that could've cut her. But like i ssid when I stuck my finger inside I couldn't feel anythinh

Can you try to get some antibiotics to give her in case they help? Amoxicillin or Baytril (enrofloxacin) is usually good for that. It may or may not help. Also give her some human calcium one tablet daily to hlep her shells become hard. Are you an adult, or can you get someone to order the antibiotic online? Fish Mox is amoxicillin, and enrofloxacin is Baytril, and you can use either. Here are some links for meds and we can give dosage whichever one you choose:
https://www.allivet.com/mobile/p-23...ivdwhivzvn8fhijataajiw7dewrqenohochk0qavd_bwe

https://www.jedds.com/shop/misc/

You guys please pray for my Frida. She has a GI infection and possible EYP. She's my best friend and I really don't know what I'd do without her. I'm posting this in here because only you guys understand the love for these little birds. Please keep her in your prayers.
I'm sorry that Frida is still not doing well:hugs
Did the vet prescribe any antibiotics for her?

Back
Top Bottom