Please help, entire flock has respiratory problems.

JellyKid

In the Brooder
Nov 10, 2021
My entire flock has come down with some sort of respiratory thing. What do I do? I have powdered enrofloxin and powdered Tylosin but I don't know if they're drinking enough for that to matter so I was thinking maybe to just use injectable Tylan 50 on everyone? What is the dosage for that in chickens? I've only used it on ducks.

They're lethargic and their breathing is rattling. Their faces are pale. Only a little nose discharge.

I’m not sure on the dosage for the medication but @Wyorp Rock might be able to help with that.

Did you add some new birds recently or is there been something stressful for the birds? (Weather, predator, etc).

Ventilation is very important for chickens with respiratory illness. It’s important your coop is well ventilated and not draughty. Keep them warm and dry.

A little diluted ACV in water can help disperse mucous but don’t give it to them all the time and make sure they have access to fresh water too.

There is a product called VetRX which is like Vicks for chickens and can help manage respiratory symptoms. You warm it up and rub a little on their nostrils.

No new birds. The weather has just gone from 90 to 70 so maybe that?

I isolated the worst of the bunch and gave them some of that vetrx stuff last night. They're still alive but not feeling too great.

My entire flock has come down with some sort of respiratory thing. What do I do? I have powdered enrofloxin and powdered Tylosin but I don't know if they're drinking enough for that to matter so I was thinking maybe to just use injectable Tylan 50 on everyone? What is the dosage for that in chickens? I've only used it on ducks.

They're lethargic and their breathing is rattling. Their faces are pale. Only a little nose discharge.
Do you have photos of them?
Any lesions inside the beaks?

Dosing for injectable Tylan50 is 0.25ml per pound of weight given orally 3 times a day for 5 days in a row.

Did they even respond to the medication you put in the water?

Back
Top Bottom