But they are still have trouble
There are about 12 hrs old

Hi,
I have recently hatch some Pekin ducks
It seem they are having trouble eating the chick starter
I blended it
But they are still have trouble
There are about 12 hrs old
Welcome to BYC! Do like the others suggested and add water to it, but keep an eye on it because in a warm brooder it will start to go rancid very quickly.

Make sure you are not giving them medicated feed. Its not goid for ducklings.
This is a myth. :oops: Most medicated feed is medicated with amprolium and amprolium is safe for ducklings. Everyone should read this:
Feeding Ducklings Medicated Feed - The Myths and the Truth

However, most chick feeds do not contain enough of the vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that ducklings need. @Hannahducks, make sure you're feeding your ducklings a feed that is made for ducklings or there is a chance they could develop health problems.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC! Do like the others suggested and add water to it, but keep an eye on it because in a warm brooder it will start to go rancid very quickly.

This is a myth. :oops: Most feed is medicated with amprolium and amprolium is safe for ducklings. Everyone should read this:
Feeding Ducklings Medicated Feed - The Myths and the Truth

However, most chick feeds do not contain enough of the vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that ducklings need. @Hannahducks, make sure you're feeding your ducklings a feed that is made for ducklings or there is a chance they could develop health problems.
Thank you
I never knew that
I will go to the pet shop today and get some special feed

Back
Top Bottom