Please help Got chicks from Mcmurray hatchery all are sick or dieing

It's not always the hatchery's fault. The weather could be too hot or cold, a delivery truck might break down or show up late because of an accident, a post-office employee can accidentally drop the box or someone may not have noticed it had live birds in it...

You may want to reconsider and give the hatchery a second chance. If you do, keep in communication with them and with your local post office, and maybe this time it will be a successful shipping.

I'm so sorry about your baby chicks.

I would definately get a new shipment. I've shipped chicks/poults and you can't blame the hatchery as it's not something they are doing wrong. I can only recall one time when McMurray had problems and they recalled everyones order... but your talking hundreds of orders not just one or two. I forget why though....

I would let them replace them, as more than likely they were in transit too long. Three days is pushing it, as it's nice to have them drinking and on feed within 48 hours. If you do decide to order from them again I would have them shipped express... if it happens again than maybe something fishy is going on with McMurray again?

It's tough... I have lost whole shipments before. Sometimes they are all dead before you even open the box... it's sad.

Good luck with the remaing few hopefully they are strong enough to overcome the stress.

Thank you all Just lost 1 more OH OH OH the stress The rest seem to be ok for now
clap.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Both my dd and my dil had severe losses from MM orders/reshipments this February and March. We are thinking that their shipping to the Mid Atlantic area has some serious problems. Last shipment didn't arrive until WEDNESDAY.. from Saturday??? All dead, of course.

OH my (they'reHISchickens) that is so sad how many were in the orders? All dead when u got them or did the pass away slowly? Like mine. I cant believe they ship that way... Its to many days. I think now i know why i lost so many...

Back
Top Bottom