Please help! House finch rejected her 4 eggs!

Update: currently in lockdown. We are on day 13 or 14 not sure. But I keep having to spray the incubator to keep humidity at 60 ish. Annoying but doable. Haven’t candled the egg so not even sure if it’s ok. I haven’t turned it starting yesterday and lockdown.
here’s to hoping!!🤞🏻

Update: currently in lockdown. We are on day 13 or 14 not sure. But I keep having to spray the incubator to keep humidity at 60 ish. Annoying but doable. Haven’t candled the egg so not even sure if it’s ok. I haven’t turned it starting yesterday and lockdown.
here’s to hoping!!🤞🏻

I hope something hatches :fl If they do, it should be any day now.

I’m hoping ! I keep checking but I don’t really know if it’s doing well or not because I can’t turn it or anything. I canceled it soooooo slightly and quickly just to make sure that it was alive but it should be any day now if it does. Do they hatch out of the air sac?

I’m hoping ! I keep checking but I don’t really know if it’s doing well or not because I can’t turn it or anything. I canceled it soooooo slightly and quickly just to make sure that it was alive but it should be any day now if it does. Do they hatch out of the air sac?

The chick will pierce the membrane into the air cell before pipping externally, usually at the lowest point of the air cell, and then finally it will unzip. It may take up to a day or even more to achieve all that so fingers crossed. They can spend up to 24 hours at the internally pipped stage before they externally pip, then the chick still has to absorb the remains of the yolk before it can finally hatch. The unzipping part is the quickest stage of the process so be patient. :fl

So I canceled it super quick and there is movement! So I sprayed again and refilled water and it’s at 100 degrees and 60-62 humidity. If it hatches how do I change this set up and what do I do with the lid? I need to use the same light bulb it’s all I have. 383EF3EE-5F3B-48A4-BA59-B0A4BB58A1D1.jpeg 50D0C923-67C5-4C1F-9626-605E33504B15.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom