please help! humidity?!

ahobby988

Hatching
Apr 28, 2017
I'm new to incubating and I built a Styrofoam incubator. everything had been perfect with it until today when (day 17) that I started trying to raise the humidity. it's stayed at about 100.5 and humidity at about 49-52. so I added a bowl of water to start getting humidity up and it worked humidity came up to 60 but so did the temperature in the incubator like 106! what do I do?!

I don't have one like that. I built a Styrofoam incubator with a Styrofoam cooler a 15 whatt light bulb a piece of glass from a picture frame some chicken wire and a indoor thermometer/humidity reader. it started as just a way for my kids to experience something new but I have fallen in love with doing this!

I cut a hole in the lid hoping to let some heat out without losing to much humidity I got the temperature back down to 100 and the humidity is at 56 so I added another wet paper towel.. I'm gonna look into getting a real incubator for next time but I need to get these eggs hatched first ya know

once I cut a hole in lid everything balanced out humidity is a tad lower than desired 58 but almost 10% higher than be for lock down which was 49/52 I have 3 sponges a bowl of water and 2 wet paper towels in it... should I try to get it higher?

No . Your humidity level is fine calm down . I know it's stressful but your eggs should be fine. I hope your new additions do well. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom