Please help!!!!!...i am an idiot and opened an egg!!*PIC*

so what happened?
fl.gif

so sorry to get back to you guys so late..it was a busy morning here...but, the little guy did not make it
hit.gif
he was gone this morning....and i think something was wrong with him also...his body didnt look right when i took him out and looked at him this morning...so...lesson learned...sometimes theres a reason they cant hatch.. i so much wanted him to live though...
hit.gif
hubby is bumming also...he helped me and kept checking him all through the night with me...
sad.png

Im sorry.
hugs.gif

Last fall I had to help out a silkie chick that didnt pip the sac. I broke off the top of the shell. Then I moistned the membrane and made a small hole in the sac so he could breath. Then every 3 hours I would wet the membrane until all of the veins were absorbed. Next, I slowly peeled back the membrane and slowly pulled the chicks head out. I wet the shell, and put him back so that he could get out himself, and he was fine. It was a silkie chick with a humongous vault, so I know that if I didnt help he would have died. There was no way he was going to move around in the shell with that vault.

Sorry he didn't make it. Sometimes you have to make the best decision you can. Last weekend I helped 4 hatch that would not have survived without the help. You did the best you could. It will be better next time.
hugs.gif

Quote:
So sorry-- but as you said, a lesson learned also. I don't and won't open shells or help hatching--- because I firmly believe, if they can't hatch, they won't do well. I know there are exceptions, but mostly, I don't want to "see" or "know" what's going on inside there- once they're out, they're my responsibility-- until then, I leave it to the higher powers.

you guys are so nice to me!
hit.gif
i expected to get yelled at by everyone or something like that.....thanks so much for being so helpful and nice...
hugs.gif
you guys are the best people!
love.gif

Why on earth would anyone yell at you?? We've all done it (or thought about it). We want things to be perfect, but we're not perfect and have to learn that we can't make it perfect just because we want to....
You live, you learn, you figure it out along the way.
Take it easy on yourself.
hugs.gif

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom