Please help...I ordered pullets...

Ms Gooseington

Hatching
6 Years
May 15, 2013
Ok so I ordered my chicks from Cackle...my choices were a straight run....or pullets. I picked a straight run because It was my understanding that pullets are already half way grown. But the company called home where my husband intercepted the call. They told him a straight run would include roosters and since we don't want a rooster he changed my order to pullets. So can anyone tell me am I getting baby chicks that are certainly female or teenagers? Lol

Thank you all in advance!!

Your getting baby chicks that have like a 90% chance of being hens. Out of the 14 i got (not from cackle but from a local store) they were all sexed from the supplier and suppose to be pullets. I believe 2 of them are roosters. But i think that is pretty good odds.

Ok so I ordered my chicks from Cackle...my choices were a straight run....or pullets. I picked a straight run because It was my understanding that pullets are already half way grown. But the company called home where my husband intercepted the call. They told him a straight run would include roosters and since we don't want a rooster he changed my order to pullets. So can anyone tell me am I getting baby chicks that are certainly female or teenagers? Lol

Thank you all in advance!
Pullets(hens) are under a year,but older than a chick.

I hope this helps.

You are getting female baby chickens. Sometimes called pullets for the lack of a better name. Technically a pullet is any female hen chicken beginning when she lays her first egg and ending when she finishes her first adult molt.

In common usage a pullet is any young female hen chicken but always a young female hen chicken less than one year old.

Straight run chicks are un-sexed by the hatchery, but there should be 1/2 pullets and 1/2 cockerels (More or less) in an order of straight run chicks, but at any rate they are all still going to be baby chicks.

Depending on the breed of chicken you ordered, pre-sexed chicks should run from 95% to 100% of the sex you specified.

Back
Top Bottom