Please help ID this baby.

Do you have any other chickens?
You've done a great job. Do you have a heat lamp? She's a bit young to be off the heat. She's also huddled, which is a bad sign. I hope it's only that she's cold.

Has she eaten or drunk anything since you found her?
Yes, she’s thin but started eating as soon as we offered food/water.

I would agree with two weeks old. I doubt it's a black sex link, but both breed and age are too early. I would say a mix, though. Poor little cutie.
The pics I’ve seen of sex links of similar age range do not look like this. She has a hawk like appearance in the face/beak and the mottled pattern on the feathers makes me think about an Easter Egger or similar but an unsure

Yes, but they are several years old and we raised them from 1 day old chicks. We thought one of our broody girls would be a warm companion but it was a no go. We are keeping this little one indoors for now because it’s too cold here
Are you planning on keeping this chick? If yes, is there any way you can get a another chick of a similar age to keep her company? Having two chicks will also make flock integrations easier.

Are you planning on keeping this chick? If yes, is there any way you can get a another chick of a similar age to keep her company? Having two chicks will also make flock integrations easier.
I have seriously considered getting her a buddy or finding someone who is already raising some this age.

The pics I’ve seen of sex links of similar age range do not look like this. She has a hawk like appearance in the face/beak and the mottled pattern on the feathers makes me think about an Easter Egger or similar but an unsure
They don't look like they have muffs or a beard, though I guess some of them don't. I would just post updates when they get their feathers in.
On a side note, it would be a very good idea to get them a buddy.

Back
Top Bottom