Please help identify the odd one out?!

LilacReader

In the Brooder
Feb 20, 2016
Okay, so we bought 4 Bovan Brown chicks at TSC. I don’t have a lot of faith in TSC correctly identifying their pullets. Three of the chicks are at least obviously the same breed. This one is about 3/4 the size of the others and colored differently. It has these little stripes on its back. Google image search didn’t come up with much. I’m wondering if it is a male Bovan Brown or if it might be a different breed altogether. Of course being the smallest it’s become my kids favorite and even my husband is spoiling it a bit as you can see by the box ☺ In case anyone is worried about it getting cold the blue rag is wrapped around a warm water bottle and the chick has been happily curled up asleep for a while.
F7BA9986-DB50-4F9D-AEA5-1462101C5209.jpeg

So, that one is a Bovan Brown, or at least a red sex link of some variety. If the other three look very different, they are probably the three that were incorrectly labeled, not this one. Can you get pictures of the others?

Those also look like red sex links :) Since they're a hybrid, they can have some variability, but they do all look to be what they were labeled as.

Back
Top Bottom