Please help identify this chick

candygold

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
S.C.
Hey, my friend and I split and order of chicks. I was supposed to get 2 Easter Egger chicks. I have one that has puffy cheeks like an EE. The other doesn't have the puffy cheeks, it was one of 2 that we couldn't identify when we got them. One was should have been an EE and the other should be the free rare chick.

My question is, does this look like an EE chick. It's almost 3 weeks old in these pictures. Hope I did the pics right, it's my first time trying.
smile.png

Thanks, Nancy

4-3-08023.jpg

4-3-08009.jpg

4-3-08012.jpg

It seems that many people say the EEs have green legs, so I would bet EE. And someone will correct me if I'm wrong... but I think Arauconas have poofy cheeks and EEs do not ???

I did order speckled sussex, but i have 5 of those, so i can tell which ones they are. This is the odd one out.

Nancy

My vote is an EE...the Ameraucana's have the puffy chin/throat area, the color and markings do not look right.

Last edited:
Quote:
Do you have pics of your partridge birds? I have 3 chicks 2 I was told were partridge but other than that I dont know..Im hoping to get pics on here this weekend. The other I think is buff.

Here are a couple pictures of one of my Partridge Cochins. They are similar to the Partridge rocks, I think.

Nancy

4-4-08004.jpg

4-4-08001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom