PLEASE HELP IMMEDIATELY

Well never-mind!

4 out 5 of the chicks hatched perfectly healthy. The 5th egg has yet to pip and may not be fertile. I don't tend to candle eggs unless I have reason for concern. If still no pip by tomorrow, I will candle it.

For anyone who might be interested, I will provide some information on the hatch below.

- Incubator used Brinsea Mini Advanced

- 4 of the 5 eggs all hatched on day 19 within roughly 8 hours of each others.

- Incubation temperature 99.5 degrees.

- Did NOT set automatic cool down feature.

- Turn angle 8 (100 - 120 degree average rotation)

- Turn time ever 45 minutes.

- Average humidity during incubation estimated 57% (low 50% high 63%)

- Estimated humidity during hatch 75%- 80%

I know everyone thinks 57% is too high. This being my first time incubating I did ample research relying on .edu sources. These would be university agriculture and biology department sources. Being an academic scientist for a major university, I tend to rely upon such sources out of habit. All stated ideal humidity during incubation was 55% - 65%. Some of the non .edu sources cited lower ideal humidity but I relied on the .edu sources. The hatch went great and there were NO ill effects. My gut feeling tells me that as long as humidity remains in the mid to mid/high range, hatches will be fine.
Congrats on your hatch, 4 out of 5 is very good! Pictures later?

Well never-mind!

4 out 5 of the chicks hatched perfectly healthy. The 5th egg has yet to pip and may not be fertile. I don't tend to candle eggs unless I have reason for concern. If still no pip by tomorrow, I will candle it.

For anyone who might be interested, I will provide some information on the hatch below.

- Incubator used Brinsea Mini Advanced

- 4 of the 5 eggs all hatched on day 19 within roughly 8 hours of each others.

- Incubation temperature 99.5 degrees.

- Did NOT set automatic cool down feature.

- Turn angle 8 (100 - 120 degree average rotation)

- Turn time ever 45 minutes.

- Average humidity during incubation estimated 57% (low 50% high 63%)

- Estimated humidity during hatch 75%- 80%

I know everyone thinks 57% is too high. This being my first time incubating I did ample research relying on .edu sources. These would be university agriculture and biology department sources. Being an academic scientist for a major university, I tend to rely upon such sources out of habit. All stated ideal humidity during incubation was 55% - 65%. Some of the non .edu sources cited lower ideal humidity but I relied on the .edu sources. The hatch went great and there were NO ill effects. My gut feeling tells me that as long as humidity remains in the mid to mid/high range, hatches will be fine.

Congratulations on your chicks :yiipchick 4 out of 5 is good going.

Back
Top Bottom