Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

AraucanaAnnie

Songster
7 Years
Jun 3, 2012
Reading to my girls! :)
Hi and thank you for opening this!
About a month ago I got 6 chicks from the feed store. I am fostering 4 of them, I take them back next Saturday. I've got 2 EEs, 2 speckled sussex, and 2 brahmas, a dark and a buff. I am 90% sure one of the SS is a roo, I will post some pics. The dark brahma, I'm 90% sure is a pullet. The EEs both look like girls. My problem chick is the buff brahma. "Gwynnevere" is larger than "Ember" the dark brahma, but not considerably so. The main differences are the tail and the comb. Gwynnevere has more of both. I would prefer to keep "her" as she's closer to the standard but I can't keep a roo. So here "she" is! I've also got pics of the others just to make sure!

Here it is!

Head shot!

Another head

Conformation, but it usually holds the tail a little higher

The tail!

Her comparison, Ember

Ember's Head

A pretty little EE, "Cora"

Cora's sister, "Adalynn..." she's so gorgeous!

"Basil" the smallest chick, an SS

"Dorothy" the manly rooster! As we all know, Dorothy is a very masculine name!
clap.gif

And his head. You can't really tell but his comb is very pink and wattles are growing. He's so cute!
So, please help me out! I have to have a pretty good idea by next Saturday, and all opinions are welcome! Any brahma breeders would be greatly appreciated! I am hoping for a girl!!!
fl.gif

Thanks so much!

That's my dilemma! Her body says pullet but that comb just throws me off. Then again, my australorp had a comb 3 times bigger than this at this age and she's a girl...brahmas are so hard!
barnie.gif

That's my dilemma! Her body says pullet but that comb just throws me off. Then again, my australorp had a comb 3 times bigger than this at this age and she's a girl...brahmas are so hard!
barnie.gif
I agree!!! How old is she again? Hazel (my EE) was slightly bigger than Pippy (my EE) but I know that she's a girl... I think that Gwynnevere is a girl though...

Back
Top Bottom