Please help is this a guinea???

celonecoop

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 29, 2013
Quakertown,PA
Does anybody think this is a guinea keet? I had a barnyard mix I hatched out and not sure if I have some guinea keets or not

Aww I hope so after the farmer gave me these eggs his 2 female guineas were killed by fox! So it would be so nice to be able to give these back to him :0)

I say no. If they hatched all at once....guineas take 28 days not 21. A guinea baby would also be noticeably smaller at hatch. The widows peak on a standard pearl colored guinea is solid black.
Three solid lines (not broken) are on each side from the peak down to the eye. They have solid stripes along the side of the body and 1 wide brown stripe down the back edged in black. Their beaks and legs are very bright orange. Your baby also has the appearance of eyeliner....of my 16 hatchlings none have eyeliner. Additional guinea colors can be viewed at.
http://www.guineafarm.com/descriptions.html
Just my opinion... I hope I won't be eating crow when you know for sure !

I agree with gourdlady.
Hatch time for keets is 28 days and size is much smaller. Markings, while a few are similar, most are off. Eyeliner marking reminds me of Easter Egger. A beautiful chick.

Hello all I have a question how old do guineas have to be before they start laying and is it true that they only lay twice a year

Back
Top Bottom