Please help! Its been more than 24 hours!

Chick1043

Songster
8 Years
Jun 5, 2011
Idaho
The day before yesterday all seven quail eggs pipped..Every night I make sure they're okay and quickly listen to them. I can hear chipping at the shell and sometimes a peep. When can I help them? :/ Any advice would be appreciated!

I would not suggest helping them if they're still alive. I would check the membrane (if you can see it, to see whether it is to leathery... then maybe add drops of water to the hole. Did your temp or humidity fluctuate too much when you opened the incubator so often?

I would not suggest helping them if they're still alive. I would check the membrane (if you can see it, to see whether it is to leathery... then maybe add drops of water to the hole. Did your temp or humidity fluctuate too much when you opened the incubator so often?
No. Not at all...Thank I forgot to mention that!! Yes I can see the membrane but it looks very dry and when I hydrate it, it just drys back up again.. I took some warm damp paper napkin and put it on the membrane but still drys up.. :/

Check the sticky on this section, it's right on top. It has a step-by-step guide on how to help a chick hatch... if needed. For now just keep the membranes wet. Watch you don't wet the chick's face, you may drown it.
Good luck!

My hubby tried to help one of our last batch of quail out... and it bled out (the veins were still in the membrane). I always say... let God take care of it, although my Pekin ducks were hatching, one got suck for 32 hours, so I helped it... the membrane had to be cut with tweezers... he was born... but came out a Mallard!!!

How do I know they're not stuck? I know how to help them if needed (a lot of research) but I guess I'm just really worried..It's 12:25 and I can't be up all night making sure they're hydrated! lol

Back
Top Bottom