please help me and my cat! we dont know what it is *pics*

Quote:
we have 2 other cats so thats very possible but its too expensive to go to the vet
hit.gif

Do they charge you to talk and call? My vet knows us well enough that describing it, she can give us an antibiotic, etc. I hate to tell you, but without medication it's probably likely he'll either die or you'll have to put him down as it seems to be getting more and more severe pretty quickly.
sad.png

Do not put salt on an inflamed area, it will burn the heck out of and cause more irritation and infection.

It looks raw, I woul see a Vet animals can get blood poisoning from infections not attended to via antib iotics.

You could try over the counter bacitracin, but, then again, you need a diagnosis.You can use saline only, not peroxide or iodine.

All can be purchased at Walmart over the counter

Quote:
we have 2 other cats so thats very possible but its too expensive to go to the vet
hit.gif

Do they charge you to talk and call? My vet knows us well enough that describing it, she can give us an antibiotic, etc. I hate to tell you, but without medication it's probably likely he'll either die or you'll have to put him down as it seems to be getting more and more severe pretty quickly.
sad.png

what!!!! we cant put him down we already did it to one of our cats it was the worst thing ever and I won't let him die and we don't have a regular vet to call and since its the holidays is probably closed today we are going to the store so we will look for some of the things everyone said and seee what works

we put water that i added some salt to on it not just plain salt and it wasn't too salty he didn't seem to mind it either

Quote:
we did not put anything on him, the other cats could have done something, my mom doesnt want to trim the fur around it and I don't know why and I reallllly dont want it to turn into that!

We used to have a cat with really mild epilepsy, and she would chew on herself and make sores like that on a back leg after a seizure. The only way we could clear it up was with a steriod shot directly into the spot.
hmm.png

Quote:
Yes. Our vet told us that if we had let Elliots get more severe, it could've gotten to the point where he would've needed IV meds and a vet stay, or possibly not survived. She was already scared because he'd gotten a very high temperature and his bloodwork was bad, not to mention she said the infection could've spread. This is if it was what Elliots was, or if it's infected. They do look similar but I'm not there and I can't say.

I would recommend flushing the area with one the commonly available flushes. They are talking about possible food allergies; you won't be able to cure that without a $400 allergy test (I would know, we had to do it for our 12 y.o. dog a few months back).

Do you have a cone of doom you can put on him to keep him from further irritating the area? Also, I'd probably recommend those claw covers - they just slip over the claw.

Back
Top Bottom