please help me and my cat! we dont know what it is *pics*

kookykate328

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 25, 2011
97616_dscf3269.jpg

This is something my cats neck he keeps scratching it and sometimes it will be better but then get alot worse the next day. how can i fix it there is no fur in the spot and it bleeds sometimes.also, does anyone know what could have caused it??? please help! update: it is worse now and goes farther down his neck what should we do?

Last edited:
9 lives wet food beef he doesnt like it that much and doesnt always eat he eats the chicken flavor better

Our cats used to get those "worms" in there necks. If its a hotspot, I would clip the hair around it and wash it. Its gonna be hard to keep kitty from scratching it without using a cone collar.

First off you need to try to keep your cat from scratching the spot. maybe tie a bandana Loosely around kittys neck, if it is an outside cat

don't do this, if it is an indoor outdoor cat, only put it on when inside.

Does your cat have fleas? If so, some cats are allergic to them and they scratch and get hot spots.

Could be a food allergy or a contact allergy.

Could be so many things.

Probably should bring your kitty to the vet for a check up, they will be able to give you an exact cause.

It's kind of unusual for a cat to get a true 'hot spot', and I would try to rule out other causes, etc., but if it is an actual hot spot and is weepy you need to dry it up. We always found the best thing on dogs after cleaning it really good was to pack it with some sulfur powder (also called flowers of sulfur), which is an antibiotic and will also dry it up and hopefully calm any itching. But yes, I would want to find out what it really was first.

Back
Top Bottom