Please help me. Breathing Issue in broody hen now off nest. Ideas?

Hi everyone,
I really appreciate all the advice! 💯 % happy and normal today. Except … left the nest. I have pretty expensive eggs on the way though.
Any recommendations re an incubator and set up to purchase hire or borrow in Sydney NSW Australia

She is actually 100% back to normal this morning- came looking for her treats when I checked on her. Then she decided its time to go back to the nest after 12 hours of drama! That was really unexpected I thought! But now (midday here) she's sitting warily and quietly in the nest and I don't think she's laying...It's a very grateful answer to prayer as I have fertile eggs arriving within days and she is my only, lonely hen now. Looks like the flock will go on, afterall!

All good now everyone!! Broody issue resolved and she went back to the nest as an additional bonus in answer to my prayer!

Hopefully, she stays broody until your eggs arrive. Do you have some eggs or fake eggs for her to sit on? I would try to round up a friend with an incubator just in case she quits at some point. Make sure that she is eating and drinking.

Thanks. I will look around but I’m pretty sure she will stay broody. She was reliable on her first clutch and even now, returned so quick. Yes eating and drinking early morning for a short time. That’s how she got herself into trouble: just unlucky (and yet lucky)

Hopefully, she stays broody until your eggs arrive. Do you have some eggs or fake eggs for her to sit on? I would try to round up a friend with an incubator just in case she quits at some point. Make sure that she is eating and drinking.
Sorry also yes sitting on fakes as I deliberately tried to induce broodiness this time. Used all the tricks and it worked. I thought it would. She’s that type.

Back
Top Bottom