Please help me confirm my Pekins sex

just post pics of them and we would love to help (lots of folks here like to look and drool over pretty birds
wink.png
)

ok here goes nothing!

this is an easy one - he looks like a cockerel, sounds like a cockerel - bought as my cockerel! How ever no idea on breed? Just liked him :)

now this is Cherry & Blossom - they are meant to be 2 ladies.... silkie cross?

and again

here is a terrible group photo....

and my light sussex type - again supposed to be a lady

these 2 are brand new - & where sold to me on Monday as 2 hens - but I am begining to realise I cant take anything for granted
roll.png
are people lying to me on purpose?
somad.gif

all of that first lot (apart from the one who is meant to be a rooster - where sold to me as 16 weeks old - it is beging to show that they arent all the same age at all - and probably younger than that considering i got them around a month ago!
barnie.gif

i also found some little evil mites on these two chicks today - which is panicing me also! Excuse my ignorance - but i really didnt think it would be so complicated! I am very glad I have found you lovely folk to help guide me! I am off to nosey around about mites!
jumpy.gif

oh thats sdsmowen - that is a good start
wee.gif

I got a feeling the lady I bought these to from knew what she was talking about :D she has such beautiful birds - hope to stay in touch
cool.png

I better start giving myself sexing lessons.....
yippiechickie.gif

Also a little concerned about whether I should be separating the two cockerels? I am getting very different opinions from people I know - ranging from 'they have grown up together so will be fine - to 'one morning you'll wake up & one will be dead'. Concerned as dont want any bloodshed - but they seem happy? I thought the main problem would be for the hens?

ok here goes nothing!

this is an easy one - he looks like a cockerel, sounds like a cockerel - bought as my cockerel! How ever no idea on breed? Just liked him :) Roo of coarse :)

2 pullets

now this is Cherry & Blossom - they are meant to be 2 ladies.... silkie cross?

and again

here is a terrible group photo....

pullet

and my light sussex type - again supposed to be a lady

Looks to be pullets

these 2 are brand new - & where sold to me on Monday as 2 hens - but I am begining to realise I cant take anything for granted
roll.png
are people lying to me on purpose?
somad.gif

all of that first lot (apart from the one who is meant to be a rooster - where sold to me as 16 weeks old - it is beging to show that they arent all the same age at all - and probably younger than that considering i got them around a month ago!
barnie.gif

i also found some little evil mites on these two chicks today - which is panicing me also! Excuse my ignorance - but i really didnt think it would be so complicated! I am very glad I have found you lovely folk to help guide me! I am off to nosey around about mites!
jumpy.gif

goodpost.gif
wahoo :D Thanks - I am happy the rest are ladies! I can deal with 2 Roos - hopefully!

Now to try and teach myself not to take peoples word for it - and learn to at least 1/2 know if they are ladies of fellas myself!

Back
Top Bottom