PLEASE HELP ME! Face being eaten? Beaks gone???? Help! GRAPHIC PICS!!!

Hi everybody! Been a busy girl lately! Between my 4 kids, all the other household stuff and the coops...its been CRAZY! I've thoroughly checked every square inch of my coops and there are NO holes anywhere except for the chicken wire which has hardware cloth over it now. Then I put the trim back over the hw cloth for added strength. I haven't lost anymore. I also haven't caught anything on camera nor did I see any tracks when I put flour on the ground over night. A couple times I went out in the morning and the flour was too wet to really see anything because it either rained or one morning there was alot of condensation on the grass. So I feel much better knowing my coops are safer now! Also poison is not an option for me. I have children and a wonderful dog and if for whatever reason they would ever get ahold of it somehow...I'd just die! I have somebody lending me a trap tmr so hopefully I'll catch something. Will keep ya updated if anything happens!

Thank you everybody for helping me
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I don't know if anyone commented on this already, because I didn't look at all the replies, but a rat can easily fit through chcken wire, so even though your enclosure is nice, predators can easily climb over (big ones like racoons or opposums)) or through (rats).

I am SO horrified for you though. I hope whatever caused your precious silkie to suffer, gets what it deserves.
hugs.gif

Just a suggestion, I read it here on BYC but instead of paying for washers you can use pennies and nickels (legally you can do this as long as you never plan on putting the coins back into circulation). Its cheaper than purchasing the washers and its a pretty cool effect on the coop LOL.

Quote:

LOL! I was for a minute, then the coin dropped. (sorry, bad pun.)

The poster is suggesting using coins instead of buying washers to use with screws to attach the hardware cloth. With self tapping screws it would make sure nothing pulled the wire off.

Use the pennies/nickels in place of washers. Have to drill a hole through them, then use them with screws to secure the hardware cloth to the wood.

Back
Top Bottom