Please help me identify this unknown bug!!!! **Update On Johnny Adam**

Quote:
lau.gif
you should have at least let them try SCAN it while you were checking out.

It's a leaf leg bug! Prolly rode in on the produce truck. We hate them around here - they are garden PESTS - make quick work of our tomatoes and green beans. Last year, they acted like squash bugs and killed 4 mature crook neck plants in 24 hrs.

At least if you decide to keep it, it will be easy to feed. Fruit & veggie kitchen scraps should keep it happy.
roll.png

You have a true bug from the Hemiptera family. Relatives are the stink bug, the squash bug, and the box elder bug. A few of them will attack other bugs. I have seen his species before but I don't remember his name. I am pretty sure he eats plants. All Hemiptera have tubular mouthparts and insert them in whatever they are eating. If you really want to keep him, you will need to try various fresh leaves, vegetables, etc. Most of them cause damage on many crops.
I am retired now, but I was trained as an Entomologist.
Joyce from NC

Quote:
It is funny you say that because we were in the kitty litter isle!

Wild Sky- I tried to tell her that but she wasn't havin' it! She told me just to take it, so I did!
lau.gif

I put some cherry tomatoes in there so hopefully he likes them!
wink.png

Quote:
So he would enjoy leaves and greens better than the actual fruit? I was just going to keep him until spring and then let him go outside...NOT near my garden...maybe my rotten neighbors garden would be better
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom