Please help me kill this ermine-nothing is working!

Yep I did this in October. Built one of these and bought a have a hart, baited with chicken livers. These traps are totally buried in snow right now, but I will try to find them.

It’s a short tailed weasel which we can ermine around here. In October it was already turning white. Black tip of tail. Devil.
IDK if this will work. A guy at the feed store. TSC told me he got a plastic pail and put a board tilted across the top and put anitfreeze in there . He had a squirrel problem like I did. And when the squirrel jumped up onto the board the squirrel fell in and drown. Anti freeze is toxic too. Get a fairly deep pail.

I don't know if you can put out electric fencing at this time of year. Did you get this big storm on Sunday?

Just thought of another solution . GREAT BIG GERMAN SHEPHERD. We had one once who wouldn't let a lizard in our yard.

Buy a trap. Possums are stupid they would surely go in it. And predator proof your coop they can’t get pass good applied hardware cloth. And last resort.. shot it if you get a shot.
Did I miss something? How'd we go from weasles to possums?

Did I miss something? How'd we go from weasles to possums?

From the weasel go straight, then turn left at the raccoon, continue until you see the fox, then merge right, go straight until you pass the armadillo, then you’ll see the possum straight ahead.... that’s how you get from weasel to possum. ;)

They are very easy to trap.
The boxes work well and kill instantly. You can easily build one with some scrap lumber or barn wood. Bloody meat to draw them in..
I used a small haveaheart trap using a dead baby chick he had killed the night before. He went right for it. You must wire the bait to the pan so he has to work hard to get it loose. Test fire your trap several times to make sure it is not hanging up on anything, and set it hair trigger.
Set the trap level, certain angles lead to misfire or hanging up. If you dont have one of these traps borrow one, or most farm stores carry them.
X2...love 'em

From the weasel go straight, then turn left at the raccoon, continue until you see the fox, then merge right, go straight until you pass the armadillo, then you’ll see the possum straight ahead.... that’s how you get from weasel to possum. ;)
:)

I will try wiring the meat in. From what I could tell the last time, the meat was still there. It didn’t even attempt to get it. But it may be more desperate now, considering how close it is getting to my house!
I never had luck with traps. I tried both live and dead catch.

IDK if this will work. A guy at the feed store. TSC told me he got a plastic pail and put a board tilted across the top and put anitfreeze in there . He had a squirrel problem like I did. And when the squirrel jumped up onto the board the squirrel fell in and drown. Anti freeze is toxic too. Get a fairly deep pail.

I don't know if you can put out electric fencing at this time of year. Did you get this big storm on Sunday?

Just thought of another solution . GREAT BIG GERMAN SHEPHERD. We had one once who wouldn't let a lizard in our yard.

We did, we got about 14” on top of what was already there from a storm last week. It’s brutally cold too, lots of fun trying to get power tools to work in -20 wind chill. Snow is too deep for electric but considering adding it around the run for extra safety this spring.

Back
Top Bottom