Please help me make my rooster get better

AngieValen

Hatching
Feb 7, 2017
Hello everyone!!!
I have one rooster ( he is my pet) he is almost 7 years old and i really adore him. He lives in our house. I actually had two roosters until last week that one died ( you cant imagine how depressed i feel about that :( )
So about the alive rooster. He used to be a really cheerful and playfull rooster but some months ago (about 7-8 ) something changed. Since then he sits down all the time. He stands up only to eat, or goes for a small walk and then he sits again. the thing is that he doesnt just sit down but he likes to have his head lower that his body, and generally when he stands up he likes to drop his head down.
I didnt take him to the vet because near my house there is only one vet and he is really expencive so i thought that he might get better in a while. Last month i noticed that his legs are trempling when he is walking but he doesnt seem to have a balance problem. Then i noticed that he has something like green wounds on his feet (i dont know what it is). I forgot to mention that all this time he has stopped cleaning his feathers. He eats normally , he usually eats corn, soil with worms and vegetables.
Do you know white it might be and how should i treat it?
Thank you!

These are photos of the wounds!

Looks like bumble foot. You can do a search on this forum to get more information. The only way to cure it is to do a surgery to remove the infections yourself, or take him to a veterinarian for the surgery. Without surgery he will get worse.

Oh! ok thank you! I read about this illness before! So all these symptoms are due to bumble foot?

If the infection is not taken out of the foot, then it can travel to the rest of the body. I don't know if your rooster's symptoms are from the bumble foot, but I've read untreated bumble foot can kill the affected bird. I treated a rooster with bumble foot last year by removing the infection.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom