Please Help Me Make Up My Mind!!!

Put a fourth eave on the backside of the coop and make him his own little apartment, with its own little run. Then get him a couple of mutt lady-friends & start a breed of your own!

I'm just a newbie (but sooo addicted to this site), but the super duper coop plans seem to be lacking a separate area for isolating bad behaving chickens, broody hens, soon-to-be integrated birds and the like. That's the excuse I came up with for either subdividing a space in the super duper coop or adding on to it. Like juliect says.

I'm for house chicken. If you "love him to death", that's the way to go. Get him into a diaper and let him free range in the house. Hmmm, come to think of it, maybe a diaper would keep him from breeding?

Absolutely NO on the caponizing. It has to be done at a certain age and even then it is dangerous. The most skilled have an unacceptably high mortality rate (for pets) and he would still have to be kept separate from the rest of the flock. A caponized chicken would get hen pecked to death.

Making a chicken a lone house chicken seems more cruel than otherwise. If it comes down to that, I'd give him away.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom