PLEASE HELP ME! Serama baby's behavior NORMAL???

Hanh3197

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 9, 2011
Bay Area
I have 3 Seramas and 3 Mille Fleurs chicks and 5 are doing great! But there is this one Serama who is the smallest of the whole group who doesn't look like she's doing so well....
hit.gif

They are all about a week old and all have their wing feathers and some tail feathers...except this one slow Millie
jumpy.gif
but it's doing great
The Serama has her wing feathers, tail feathers, and looked fine yesterday morning but now she seems really tired/exhausted. While everyone else is eating, drinking, and running around, she is sleeping in some pieced of fabric (cut up PJ pants very thin) I put in the brooder (just in case she was cold?) The temperature is actually pretty warm, 85 - 90F, and no one is panting or huddling together/on top of each other. I guess because her size she's cold??? She's REALLY tiny
th.gif

She hasn't been up and running around, eating, or drinking for all I know..... They are all napping right now so I put one of her Serama buddies in the fabric with her to keep her company? warmer? I really don't want to lose her
hit.gif
She's the kid's favorite.....
They named her Tiny
hit.gif

Any help is appreciated
Thanks

some chicks just fail to thrive, you should try feeding her some more protein- scrambled eggs and yogurt, also you can mix water with gatorade and use an eye dropper to get her to drink it. I hope she pulls through!

I am so new with Seramas that I am afraid to give advise..but wanted to suggest that you post this
under Malaysion (sp) Seramas in the breed,showing section.
I have read enough to understand that the Serama chicks sometimes need a little extra care
and a breeder there may be of more assistance.
Hope it goes well for you and your little one........
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom