Please help me sex my chicks

PoultryPower

Songster
7 Years
Mar 16, 2012
Howdy, fellow chicken enthusiasts!
D.gif
I need help sexing my 4 chicks, they are approximately 3 1/2 weeks old.
jumpy.gif
I can't keep any roosters so I want to know what sex they are asap so I don't get any more attached to them than I already am.
th.gif

I would appreciate a professional's opinion on what sex you think they are.
old.gif

I'll post the pictures in four separate posts.
clap.gif

3 1/2 weeks is a little early to be accurate on gender guesses. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's not. It's worth a shot though.
Welcome to BYC, by the way!
frow.gif

I don't know if these pictures are showing up or not. They aren't in my screen but my computer is difficult sometimes.
barnie.gif

Okay I'm going to try again with the pictures.

Here is my Buff Orpington it has quite the big comb for such a young chick in my opinion.

Would I be right in assuming you're using Firefox?
If you are, and you're trying to copy and paste your photos, FF hasn't worked well here for that. You may want to save the pictures to your computer and upload directly instead of hosting them elsewhere.

Okay so I think I got the picture thing figured out thanks to Lothiriel!
yippiechickie.gif

This is my Buff Orpington which has quite a big comb for such a young chick, in my opinion.

Yay!! You got a picture up!!
woot.gif

I don't think the comb looks too big for 3.5 weeks... It looks about normal to me. Also the tail feathers are quite long already, and it's usually accepted that females grow tail feathers faster than males. It's not always true, but in some cases it is.

However, it is still a little early to be positive. There's a 50/50 chance things may change drastically around 5 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom