Please help me sex my welsummers!

Well I found a new home for two of the roosters today. I think it was as good of a home as I could ask for. They are going to be free ranged with 12 or so hens. Two more will be going to a different home tomorrow. I'm not sure what their fate will be.

I will keeping my lone hen and finding her some hen friends to be with.

Well I found a new home for two of the roosters today. I think it was as good of a home as I could ask for. They are going to be free ranged with 12 or so hens. Two more will be going to a different home tomorrow. I'm not sure what their fate will be.

You can't control their destiny ... all you can do is provide them the best life you can while they are in your care. Even birds destined for freezer camp have it pretty good. They have a nice easy life ... then one really bad minute. Kinda like the rest of us, if we're lucky!

Our Tractor Supply stores are all at the end of their Fall Chick Days ... and even the sexed pullets are 50 cents each. Not a bad deal!

You can't control their destiny ... all you can do is provide them the best life you can while they are in your care. Even birds destined for freezer camp have it pretty good. They have a nice easy life ... then one really bad minute. Kinda like the rest of us, if we're lucky!

Yep, you are exactly right. They are pets to me, but simply food to most. I was glad to be able to find the home that I did so quickly. Their new owner seemed very happy to have them.

Our Tractor Supply stores are all at the end of their Fall Chick Days ... and even the sexed pullets are 50 cents each. Not a bad deal!

Wow, I thought they ran until mid-September. I have two TSCs near me, I checked one today and they had some sexed chicks, but not a lot of selection. I'm going to check the other location tomorrow and if I come up empty there, I will check out this Freehling Farms place.

Back
Top Bottom