Please Help me sex these DOMINIQUES - Pictures included

Kuvasz

Songster
12 Years
Jun 22, 2010
Hi, I've read the article here on sexing dominique chicks and poured over the pics of the dominiques. I only have two chicks and here are the pictures of them from this morning. They are a day and a half old here....from Hodges Farms in Virginia if anyone knows of them. Out of 16 eggs, these were the only ones that hatched. Two others died in the shells, which were very sad to me. These two are thriving, however.
smile.png
So sweet!!

love.gif

61299_dominique_feet.jpg

61299_dominique_head_spots_1.jpg

61299_dominique_head_spots_2.jpg

If I can get my phone to email more pics, will post the rest. Thanks for your opinions.

It hard to tell, but my guess is both pullets, or the one in your right hand possible a rooster, though the front on it's legs look pretty dark, in a few weeks hopefully it will be more clear as they feather out the pullets will be darker and rooster lighter.

Thanks for responding! I hope you are right. That has been my best guess too, so far, but I've never seen dominiques up close and personal, only in the pictures online, so who am I to say? lol Btw, I looked at the link to your website, and it's really cute! Thanks for sharing it!

Does anyone know how long you can sex dominiques by this headspot and leg method?

Back
Top Bottom