Please help me SHELL-LESS eggs for 1 month

Pics
What type calcium do vitamin do you give her? Having same problem.
Human calcium pills that you can buy at your grocery store or pharmacy work

May I ask what exactly do you feed your flock?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211029-113728.png
    Screenshot_20211029-113728.png
    583.4 KB · Views: 1
@crazychickenladie
For a full size hen, I was advised to give one tablet per day until I see calcium pimples on a proper shell. For a bantam, I was advised to give 1/2 tablet per day until I see calcium pimples on the proper shell.

If you're giving anything other than a complete commercial feed, it's advised to stop immediately. Once the shell issue is remedied, you can slowly offer small amounts of healthy, but never exceeding 10% of each birds daily diet. Even though you feed layer feed, do you keep oyster shell/crushed eggshells/calcium source available for them to take if needed. Some of my hens don't like oyster shell but they will eat egg Shells, so I keep both available for them at all times.
I wish you the very best ❤️ Please let us know how she does

I just read through 20+ articles in veterinary and professional journals on items affecting egg quality. These are the things I learned that might help you, in order of medical importance. Disclaimer: I'm not a vet, although I worked for them for 8 years, before going into human medicine.

1. Immediately start Nutridrench

2. Treat any known medical problems

3. De-worm the bird for all possible parasites

4. After deworming, immediately start Probiotics with vitamins. I've personally used these from StrombergsL https://www.strombergschickens.com/product/Probiotics-+-w-Electrolytes-&-Vitamins-200-g And can highly recommend them.

5. Calcium absorption is influenced by phosphorus and Vitamin D. Articles mentioned adding 350 IU/day of Vitamin D. By chance they make liquid Vit D for infants and a 1 ml infant's dose is 400IU/day. See: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ZIC55K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

6. Several articles analyzed different forms of calcium vs egg shell thickness. Argonite Calcium was found to be the most superior form of calcium. If your bird is not eating it, a small amount can be mixed into a few Tablespoons of the bird's favorite mash

5. Last thought that occurred to me was that if you are feeding mealworms as snacks, it would benefit your birds to switch to Black Soldier Fly Larva. They contain much higher levels of calcium, plus lysine and phosphorus.

You posed an interesting problem. I hope you chicken feels better. Please keep us posted! Holly

Back
Top Bottom