Please help me understand.. banty eggs...

fshinggrl

Songster
10 Years
May 1, 2009
the edge of insanity
I buy large eggs from the store (before our chickens laid). It is the size recommended for baking and is useful for the omlets and eggs for breakfast. I don't understand what I would use a banty egg for. Please.. will you explain?!!! I am just curious. I put an ad on Craigslist for eggs and this person emailed me asking if I had banty eggs.
\\Thanks!

i like my bantam eggs much more than the large ones from my standards. i think you get more yolk in the little ones. i eat them for breakfast every day. If i end up with extra eggs (not happening right now, due to the weather) i give away the big eggs and keep the little ones for myself.

Maybe they were wanting Hatching eggs..??
hu.gif
or tryin to cut back on their egg intake..LOL

The rule of thumb is 3 banty eggs = 2 large eggs.

On the other hand, I agree with alicefelldown, even though she was probably just kidding. A single banty egg makes a great little snack sandwich!! And they make priceless devilled eggs!! A dish of tiny devilled eggs is always a hit at a party.

I usually use about 2 banty eggs for a medium sized egg or 3 for a large sized egg.

Suzy

Quote:
Tiny deviled eggs would be awesome! I need more banties next spring...The eggs are so cute and the yolks stand right up there.

Egg math at my house: 2 regular eggs=3 banty eggs, or 1 duck egg+1 banty egg.

Back
Top Bottom