PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Normally chickens go into there coops even when it's warm or hot. I seem to recall someone mentioned if the coop is badly infested with mites the won't roost inside. The other would be they are feeling really bad, to sick to go in. I guess what I'm trying to say check for mites, best time would be at bedtime when it's dark.

X2, all true!

I did check, but I can try again.  I checked all the birds too for lice and mites and couldn't find any.  I picked up some of the DE dusting stuff just in case.
My pullets (12 weeks) all go in the coop and sleep there, but my older ones stopped going in there when the pullets were old enough to start using it.
There's enough room for all of them, but I don't think they like sharing.
The only one of my originals that still sleeps in there is my rooster.

Get yourself some poultry dust and dust *all* of your birds, DE doesn't work, I tried it. If you're curious, dust one of them, put it in a covered box on paper towels and come back in 30-40 minutes, I bet there will be bugs on the paper towel.

You'll also want to spray your coop.

Okay thanks.
By the way, this was a new coop so the chickens that won't go in it never went in it.
I took their coop away and gave it to the chicks and built them a new one, which they didn't appreciate haha.
It's only about 2 months old, and I clean it daily, but I will dust it.

I had to cull my birds. All but 3. It was the most horrific thing ever. And it's my wedding anniversary, so now every year I will think about my horrific chicken murders! It was way harder than I ever imagined. I will never get over it.

I think I'm going to take a hiatus from the forum for awhile to try and clear my head. My chickens were my obsession and it's too hard right now. Thank you all for the help along the way.

AND PLEASE, LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE, NO CHICKEN AUCTIONS!!!

Okay thanks.
By the way, this was a new coop so the chickens that won't go in it never went in it.
I took their coop away and gave it to the chicks and built them a new one, which they didn't appreciate haha.
It's only about 2 months old, and I clean it daily, but I will dust it.

I had to cull my birds.  All but 3.  It was the most horrific thing ever.  And it's my wedding anniversary, so now every year I will think about my horrific chicken murders!  It was way harder than I ever imagined.  I will never get over it.

I think I'm going to take a hiatus from the forum for awhile to try and clear my head.  My chickens were my obsession and it's too hard right now.  Thank you all for the help along the way.

AND PLEASE, LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE, NO CHICKEN AUCTIONS!!!
I'm so sorry your going through this, this will make you stronger. Hugs,

Will you send some birds to be tested to see what your dealing with?

Back
Top Bottom