Please help mee

Thank you for your support and guidance, you've genuinely helped me go through this.
She seems a lot better now. She started by eating a little more each day and now she's back to being herself quacking happily eating normally and swimming again .
I'm still not sure what actually happened to her ,but I'm guessing it has to do with how hot the weather was/is.
I hope you and your loved ones are happy healthy and content .
How does her breathe smell that is your first indication there is a crop problem. Also check her crop in the evening so that in the morning you can compare. Is it full in the evening and empty in the morning/ if so then most likely it isn't a crop problem.

Always good to hear thank you for updating.

Sounds like ya'll really had some high temps yikes.
Miss Lydia , hope you're well
We've had some crazy high temps reaching 50⁰ 122f in some areas
It got windy and noticeably cooler about a week ago , my duck was eating and moving fine ever since the last update , she only swam twice or 3 times at first abd stopped altogether, she also didn't lay eggs .
Yesterday morning my mom found her on her back with the drake pecking her feathers , she rushed to her gave her some water and then gave them their food like usual .
I kept checking on her throughout the day and separated them during the evening , she ate well munched on the tomatoes and drank her calcium without me having to force her .
Today she isn't looking better unfortunately, she didn't eat ,I found ants walking allover her and even in her nostrils and she wasn't doing anything to stop it , I bathed her in some warm water and she is really really thin ,this is the first time she doesn't protest ,didnt dip her head in the water ,she just let me do whatever . Her wings are droopy and she just looks done with life to be honest, so am I.

Miss Lydia , hope you're well
We've had some crazy high temps reaching 50⁰ 122f in some areas
It got windy and noticeably cooler about a week ago , my duck was eating and moving fine ever since the last update , she only swam twice or 3 times at first abd stopped altogether, she also didn't lay eggs .
Yesterday morning my mom found her on her back with the drake pecking her feathers , she rushed to her gave her some water and then gave them their food like usual .
I kept checking on her throughout the day and separated them during the evening , she ate well munched on the tomatoes and drank her calcium without me having to force her .
Today she isn't looking better unfortunately, she didn't eat ,I found ants walking allover her and even in her nostrils and she wasn't doing anything to stop it , I bathed her in some warm water and she is really really thin ,this is the first time she doesn't protest ,didnt dip her head in the water ,she just let me do whatever . Her wings are droopy and she just looks done with life to be honest, so am I.

Attachments

• 16913985279323070809131815496418.jpg
    16913985279323070809131815496418.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 9
  • 16913986168772046744241756439543.jpg
    16913986168772046744241756439543.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 9
That kind of heat can not be good for any of you. Heat exhaustion. She sounds very sick and there is no way of knowing what could be going on. She could have an infection. Is a vet an option? That way you could get an antibiotic if she needs one. I’d def keep her away from the drake for now. I’m so sorry she’s sick and you’re having to go through this. It’s heartbreaking to want to help them and have no idea how. But I’d keep her inside and make
sure she stays hydrated.

That kind of heat can not be good for any of you. Heat exhaustion. She sounds very sick and there is no way of knowing what could be going on. She could have an infection. Is a vet an option? That way you could get an antibiotic if she needs one. I’d def keep her away from the drake for now. Im so sorry z she’s V sick and your having to go through this. It’s V heartbreaking to want to help them and have no idea how. But I’d keep her inside and make
sure she stays hydrated
She died about 5 minutes ago

I’m am so sorry😢:hugs
Don’t blame yourself we can’t always fix what’s going on and that is the hardest part of having these critters. You loved her and she knew it.
I got them as a birthday gift from my s.o cause I told him I love ducks .
I've had them for a little over a year now , my heart is breaking for too many reasons right now . I don't know what I'm supposed to do

I got them as a birthday gift from my s.o cause I told him I love ducks .
I've had them for a little over a year now , my heart is breaking for too many reasons right now . I don't know what I'm supposed to do
You still have your drake right? he is going to need you since he has lost his best friend, Be there for him and he'll be there for you. :hugs
My Muscovy drake is my best buddy.

Back
Top Bottom