Please Help My Broad Breasted White Turkey is Sick

Alright, well hopefully it's nothing serious. Probably better to do some just-in-case style treatment though.

For chooks or turkeys I just mince a clove of garlic per bird, generally, and mix it in with their grains (because I soak their grains for them and hand-mix my stuff).

You can give them two or more cloves per bird but even one should do it, even a part of a clove should do it. More won't hurt though, it's good for all sorts of things.

You can add it to their water but I don't since it goes fizzy quite quickly, but still even that would be better than nothing, and really healthy fermentation is great for a lot of things, though the chooks don't seem to like the bubbles much. You can also make up a special mix of some treats mixed with minced garlic, to help introduce them to it, like rolled oats, or bread, or hardboiled eggs, or yoghurt...

It's very important for the garlic to be freshly minced, not bought minced from the store. When freshly minced it has Allicin active in it, a very powerful antibiotic that can destroy pathogens even the strongest artificial antibiotics cannot.

Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom