please help my chick!!

Coopedup:p

Songster
10 Years
Oct 8, 2009
Monroe, North Carolina
the poor chick has a large climp of poo on its reer and i dont know it it is harming it or not. it seems to be getting weak or something is wrong with it. and it is cherping fast. it is a bantam and there are 5 others but they r all running around. how can i help this chick?

Run some warm water in a small stream at the sink. Hold the poo covered bottom under the water and let it soften and rinse away. Pasty butt can clog them up and kill them in a short time.

If you have some quik chick electrolytes to add to water do so. If you don't have anything else, try a little honey in water to give it a boost. Discontinue the use after 1 day or you'll get a chick with the runs and more issues.

It sounds like it has pasty-butt. Clean off its bottom until you can see the vent. You can either soak the chick in warm water or use a warm wet washcloth to soften the area up and remove all excriment.

If you dont do this the chick will most likely die.

Because it hasnt been able to deficate I would imagine it probably hasnt been eating. After you clean it up try to get it to eat.

I always seem to have one chick that has pasty butt. It's nothing to panic about, but you just have to keep an eye on the chick and literally clean off it's bum a few times a day.....in my experience, it usually goes away after the first week.

Sharon

Back
Top Bottom