(Please help) My chicken is gasping and has foam coming out her mouth

I guess it would depend on how much of the oxine is carried out in the Vapor. Does your vaporizer require a carrier oil to be added or water? I imagine oxine is more thin than any EO's so just the regular mixing instructions would work well. The more I think about it, I believe it would work well. I'm curious about this now :)
The vaporizer I have uses water. But I think what Miss Lydia does with the spray bottle put on mist will be the fastest and easiest way. Closing her in a room with a humidifier is ok too, but hopefully the spray bottle mist will work out well first.
Check out countryside pets supply .com for the oxine ah. I mix it in a gal jug 6.5 oz and then put it into a reg spray bottle that you can adjust the spray, put on mist and mist above their heads so it gently falls onto their face. I believe you can also use a humidifier with it. I use the oxine for spraying bedding a couple times a week and since I have chickens I spray roosts also with it.
Thank you very much. I'm sorry, what's a "gal jug" that you mix 6.5 oz oxine with? How long do you mist it over their head?

I will start spraying their coop with it and nests and stands once I have it. This is a very good site, thanks a lot. I think having a gallon is good because I'll also spray other things with it too.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 6.47.44 AM.png

@Miss Lydia
Do you know how many parts oxine and water? Thank you.

@HeatherKellyB
Please let me know how it goes.
I will. I haven't received it yet. I need to check on the order. Have you received your order yet? If so, please let me know how things go whenever you try it. I believe I ended up ordering through Heartland Vet

I use 6.5 oz to 1 gallon of water that’s what is rec.
Thank you very much.
I will. I haven't received it yet. I need to check on the order. Have you received your order yet? If so, please let me know how things go whenever you try it. I believe I ended up ordering through Heartland Vet
I ordered the gallon and received it today. I will administer it to her tomorrow when I get a misting bottle from Wallgreens. She's also asleep now so starting tomorrow will be ok hopefully.

Have you received it yet? If so how did it go?

I use 6.5 oz to 1 gallon of water that’s what is rec.
How long should I spray over her head each day (or how many spray pumps), and for how many days? Can I divide the amounts by 4, because the mist bottle I have only holds 10 oz? Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 9.20.09 PM.png

Thank you very much.

I ordered the gallon and received it today. I will administer it to her tomorrow when I get a misting bottle from Wallgreens. She's also asleep now so starting tomorrow will be ok hopefully.

Have you received it yet? If so how did it go?

Hi @Jennifur! I received my order yesterday. That's funny how we both received our orders so close together. I haven't used it yet. I have my bottle for misting, so I plan on doing it tonight. Darla's (my BO with the vocal breathing) breathing hasn't been loud at all, but I can't say it's completely normal either. It's not been quite as hot and I do feel like extreme temps ~either way~ are a contributing factor. Do you notice this with your beautiful hen? I need to go back and read over everything posted. I tend to get mixed up easily unless I read something multiple times. That's actually why I didn't use it for her last night. I'd love to hear your thoughts on how it went once you mist this over her. I will definitely share how things go here. I am so excited with the possibility of helping her, but also worried and afraid (I am the absolute worst worry wart! I annoy myself with the amount I worry oftentimes)

I am hoping both of our beauties will benefit. Thank you again for this post and for allowing me to be a part of it. I tend to overreact more than I'd like to admit. That lead to me telling myself that I post too many threads and since Darla seemed perfectly fine otherwise, I should stop worrying. I really appreciate this post, you, the suggestions posted and the suggesters (made up word, hahaha)

I've got to get the dilution rate figured out for a smaller size too. I have a few spray bottles to choose from so I plan on using whichever one has the most fine mist. If I don't find the smaller quantity dilution rate, I will just mix the larger amount and store it. Hopefully it stores well.

Back
Top Bottom