Please Help! My hen is very sick!

I don't know, because her feathers are covering her behind. These are the pics I managed to get
20190509_190226.jpg
20190509_190334.jpg

Yes, she does...I gave her a bath because she was dirty and I thought it might help her feel better. She's only had it since she got sick, so...a few weeks? Yes, I can, and I will do that as soon as humanly possible. Her skin looked okay when I checked her vent today, but cleaning her up will help confirm that. It's a bit late, so I will see if I can give her a bath tomorrow morning. Hopefully she'll be okay until then...

Thank you guys. I'm heartbroken, but at least she's not suffering anymore. She's joined some of my other hens in a green pasture with a lot of good food and bugs and where there is no sickness...
Thanks to everyone who gave their advice, it was greatly appreciated even though I could not save her. I'll keep it all in mind if another one of my ladies gets sick.

(I had my mom with me and she already took Ginger's body away to deal with it, so I can't send it to a lab. But what's important is that I tried, right?)

Back
Top Bottom