PLEASE HELP! My pet chickens are pooping straight blood!?!?! I have pictures! Help please!

Liza728w

Songster
Jul 22, 2020
Southern Ohio
I woke up this morning to my two pet chickens pooping straight blood! Help?! They've never done this before, it looks too severe and sudden for just coccidia since they have not been pooping blood. Just this morning I found a ton. Help! Any ideas? These are my pet chickens! Idk what to do, I will try to make a vet appointment (no vets near me, I have to travel) if I can't quickly figure out what's wrong!
20220808_094922.jpg
20220808_094904.jpg

I would get them started on Corid asap. That is the most likely cause, treatment is safe, I would not wait. Some strains are much more virulent than others. You can use the powder or the liquid Corid, whichever you have or can get quickly. Dose of the liquid is 2 tsp per gallon of water, or 1 1/2 tsp of the powder per gallon for 5 to 7 days, must be the only water they have access to, and make fresh daily. No vitamins during treatment as that may reduce the effectiveness of the medication. You can also give them an oral dose once a day in addition to the medicated water, dosing for that is here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/corid-oral-drench-instructions.1211991/
2202129.jpg

1033284.jpg

Back
Top Bottom