Please help my sick cochin!!

gameboygal12

Songster
9 Years
Feb 24, 2010
Hi. today I noticed that my cochin was being kinda sluggish and hanging her head. and she has a yellowish tinge to her comb and face. she eats and drinks, but she just stands in place and does nothing. she didn't poop for three hours. but when she did, it had runny milky looking stuff in it. here is a picture:
49698_poop.jpg

please help!!

1) What type of bird , about 4 years, frizzle black cochin he
2) What is the behavior, dorwzy, not moving around much, not pooping, head droopy, yellowish tinge to the face and comb.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? I found her this way about at 2:30 today.
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? No
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. Nope.
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. cold wet weather lately.
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. water and chick starter
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.hardly pooped at all except for a runny, milky/brown looking poop.
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? heat lamp, put in a box with shavings in the house.
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? home treatment.
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help. see above picture
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use pine shavings, right now in a cardboard box in my basement. but normally she sleeps in a well kept chicken coop.

You may have already done so, but have you checked her crop for impaction or egg impaction? I'm not sure what would cause a yellowing of the face and comb, never seen that before. Could she have gotten into or ate something she shouldn't have (poison, fertilizer, etc.)? Hopefully someone else knows what this is.

Back
Top Bottom