1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Please Help, Name That Chick!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mylilchix, Jul 5, 2008.

1. mylilchix

mylilchix Songster

I had received an order of assorted feather legs from Ideal, and there are 2 I'm struggling with as far as the breed. Please help me figure out what they are! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    She has feathered legs, but is feathering out more black with white specks. I'm wondering if she's a feather legged cuckoo maran?

[​IMG]
    She has 5 toes like a faverolle, but at 2 1/2 weeks is way tinier than her "siblings". She's also a slightly darker than my other faverolles.

Thanks for looking at my girls!!

Sonja

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member 11 Years

First one is a Brahma, looks like a Lt. Brahma. Dont know on the other one, with 5 toes.

3. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Songster

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    She is so cute!! She looks like a "Sweet Pea" to me... [​IMG]

4. Iloveourbabychick

Iloveourbabychick In the Brooder

Jun 29, 2008
    Hickory,NC
    That floor looks very slippery for those lil chickens.That could damage their legs

5. mylilchix

mylilchix Songster

They live in a brooder full time right now. I only took them out momentarilty to snap close ups. If I hadn't there'd be 21 of their closest freinds hanging out there, and then where would we be? You'd have no clue which chicks I was talking about!! [​IMG]

6. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger 10 Years

Could the other be a Dorking? That is the only other breed I know with the fifth toe, no, but they don't have feathering on leggs...... -Silkies,Faverolles,Sultans,Houdans,.....I know I'm forgetting someone,hummmmmmmm:p

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: