PLEASE HELP! NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS A ROOSTER....

Sharylva

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 10, 2011
Central Texas Hill Country
I have never had this breed of chicken before. It is a Cream Brabanter, loved the Mohawk. Was suppose to be a hen but over the last couple of weeks I've been noticing that its looking more like a rooster. The hatch date was 2/12/14. I live in an area where I can't have roosters and will have to give it away if it is a rooster. I was hoping that this fabulous group of chicken owners would be able to advise me. Thank you to everyone that will give me their opinion. Have a Blessed Day!

Well I have no idea if yours is a rooster or not. Because I have the exact same question about mine. My ee is 14 months old and is just a ton bigger then the other 14 month old birds.

The barbanter looks like a pullet. The EE, I'm not sure of. At 14 months I would automatically say pullet but those long, pointy saddle feathers have me wondering...

Yeah I keep telling her she is not allowed to be a rooster. She is most definitely the lead hen,
D.gif
and is way bigger then the others. She is my only EE and my daughters favorite.
ya.gif
. She would be super sad if she was a he and we had to get rid of her/him.
hit.gif

I have never had this breed of chicken before. It is a Cream Brabanter, loved the Mohawk. Was suppose to be a hen but over the last couple of weeks I've been noticing that its looking more like a rooster. The hatch date was 2/12/14. I live in an area where I can't have roosters and will have to give it away if it is a rooster. I was hoping that this fabulous group of chicken owners would be able to advise me. Thank you to everyone that will give me their opinion. Have a Blessed Day!
Looks like a rooster to me.

Back
Top Bottom