Please Help! New Duckling Owners...

Wow, that's A LOT of money! We planned on taking Ducky to our local, small-town vet who does all sorts of animals (even farm animals). We're sad she passed in the night, but are somewhat thankful for not having to go through a traumatizing experience of having her put down.

Right now we are trying to get a friend for Scuba, but ducks sell fast here! Tractor Supply is supposed to get some in today, but they don't know the breed/species or gender...? Is that a thing? You'd think they would know what kind of ducks they ordered!

YEH, that's kind of messed up?? WTH??

We went back to look at the ducklings and get one of them and ALL 30 WERE SOLD!!! That's nuts, they go so quickly here!

Drop who?? What?? Is it ok??

When my drake Wayan was a few weeks old he used to climb up to be right under my neck, I was carrying him and my girl Ketut to bed and he started to climb for my neck and got on my shoulder and just before I could grab him, he fell to the tiled floor. Then he couldn't walk, I rushed him to the Avian vet the next day and $350 or so plus a couple of weeks rest and meds he was fine.

When my drake Wayan was a few weeks old he used to climb up to be right under my neck, I was carrying him and my girl Ketut to bed and he started to climb for my neck and got on my shoulder and just before I could grab him, he fell to the tiled floor. Then he couldn't walk, I rushed him to the Avian vet the next day and $350 or so plus a couple of weeks rest and meds he was fine.
Good lord.

Scuba's box smells horrendous. We are going to put her in the garage today since it is finally warming up outside. The average temperature for this week is supposed to be high of 75 low of 54. We've had her for 5 weeks now...not sure how old she was when we got her but we're assuming 3-4 days old. How much longer does she need her brooding lamp? She almost has all of her feathers in. Just missing the ones on her spine.

Back
Top Bottom