Please help new layer

Tha

That does make alot of sense. I have just given her another warm bath. Yes she does jump when I touch it. I've put out oyster shell next to there food and I can tell they have been into it as its gone down lots and there was lots at the bottom of their water bowls. She is acting completly normal running around and pooing normal. Is eating it bad for them? Do they know they need to eat the shell? Maybe I'm just a stressed first time mama. Thankyou 🥰🙏
Mine have not really eaten the oyster shells. I was hoping they would when I had three adults and 12 juveniles. I fed my females twice a day specially with some layer feed. You can also feed them calcium separately. I think it is calcium citrate, but I have not had to do that yet. You can also get them calcium gluconate to help with passing an egg if she gets egg bound.

I was very stressed when my female had soft eggs. I kept looking for her to go the bathroom because I was worried she would be egg bound. She didn't lay every day during those times.

L
When you say just membrane with a little bubble of an egg, did it look like this? One of my girls laid it today and I'm bringing into our vet appointment tomorrow and hopefully they will be able to tell me a little more about it, if its similar to what you saw ill let you know what the vet says.
let me know what your vet says. We don't have any vets near us that treat ducks.

let me know what your vet says. We don't have any vets near us that treat ducks.
Okay so, I just got back from the Vet, I told her that I recently switched to Mazuri Waterfowl Breeder feed for them, and she was thrilled with that, she said she would've recommended it to me if I wasn't already feeding it, so I think it would be a good idea for you to switch to it as well if you can, here is a link from chewy where you can buy it. '

https://www.chewy.com/mazuri-breede...XMPpU7r6_CFOZADDnao1bHxxr0nktPjxoCY04QAvD_BwE

The vet also recommended that I continue to give her calcium supplements in the form of calcium citrate + D3 pills that are available at walmart, she suggested I continue with 400mg of calcium pills every day for her.

I'm the worlds largest Mazuri fan. My vet is also very enthusiastic about it. Check with your local feed store. Its made by Purina. Not the dog food Purina but the livestock one. If you feed store carries Purina, they should be able to order it for you cheaper I hope.

Okay so, I just got back from the Vet, I told her that I recently switched to Mazuri Waterfowl Breeder feed for them, and she was thrilled with that, she said she would've recommended it to me if I wasn't already feeding it, so I think it would be a good idea for you to switch to it as well if you can, here is a link from chewy where you can buy it. '

https://www.chewy.com/mazuri-breede...XMPpU7r6_CFOZADDnao1bHxxr0nktPjxoCY04QAvD_BwE

The vet also recommended that I continue to give her calcium supplements in the form of calcium citrate + D3 pills that are available at walmart, she suggested I continue with 400mg of calcium pills every day for her.
I live Australia and I switched to the one her breeder uses and have given her a calcium boost. She seems to be doing fine now but hasn't layed again since. She is acting totally normal and having fun with her flock

I live Australia and I switched to the one her breeder uses and have given her a calcium boost. She seems to be doing fine now but hasn't layed again since. She is acting totally normal and having fun with her flock
Okay cool, she might be fine and not have any more issues, just keep an eye on her in general, it should be pretty obvious if she is struggling to squeeze out a soft shell egg.

Back
Top Bottom