Please Help--Our Ducks Were Attacked-2 Dead, 1 Injured

Well, the injured one made it through the night!!!!!!!!! Yay!
She has her head up high, hanging out with her sister. She looks pretty good.

We will be calling an avian rescue today to see if they can help us figure out how to amputate her wing.
Their enclosure is almost finished.. we couldnt put the top on last night because their house is too big, so, we will be getting them a dog igloo today off of craigslist.

Then we finish the top and the door closure (we tied the crap out of it last night!). And it will be done!
Looks Awesome so far.

Now, I'm just hoping the one makes it, I think she has a Great Chance, been over 24 hours and she looks Great!

Thank you again so much for all the support, shared stories and ideas. All of it has been just wonderful!

So, we went to the rescue. Got the name of a vet that deals with all sorts of animals.
Took her to see the vet. She is staying there overnight, and the amputation is scheduled for the morning.

It is costly, but, we decided to do it. When it came down to it, I cant do that to her myself. And I refuse to put her down.
So, the cost goes on the credit card, and she is worth it to me. I feel very attached her after everything that has happened.

The vet we found treats everything from Iguanas, to 140 pound Pythons (they had one there tonight), all kinds of birds, Lions, tigers... etc...
I was really impressed with this Vet, answered all of our questions, gave us several options, but, amputation was the best choice for her.

My biggest worry is the surgery. I know that birds do not always do well under anesthesia, and I would be devasted if we lost her..
Hoping for the best.. her surgery should be over by 1pm tomorrow at the latest...

If she makes it through that, I have no doubt that she will make a full recovery!

Also, after talking to the vet, describing the injuries on the other birds.. he believes the attack may have been from a Hawk or Owl. Which would actually make a lot of sense.
I will report back tomorrow after the surgery to post how it went..

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

Thank you for the update.

My thoughts are with you for a successful surgery and full recovery.

I second that!!! I'm so happy to hear she's improving and my thoughts are with her while she recovers from surgery.
hugs.gif

Judy made it through surgery!!!!
I called around 1, she made it through, was up and moving around and they were getting ready to give her some food and water.

I'm just so delighted! Now I'm waiting to hear back from the Doc about when we can pick her up.. hoping tomorrow.

We've been working on finishing up their new enclosure. We ran out of wire and wood (again!), Chris is back at Lowes grabbing some more.. We will get the top done today, the bottom section that will go under the ground we will do tomorrow.. and that will be it!!

I'm so glad we are out of the woods, and that Judy will be alright--she is a tough girl!

Back
Top Bottom