Please help! Puny turkey Poult!

Lexievans11990

Songster
Aug 18, 2019
North Georgia
Hello. My turkey, tommy, has been acting very tired lately and weak. He sleeps a lot and doesn’t follow the other turkeys around that much. And if he does, he finds a spot to lay around until they move somewhere else. He has also been having green looking diarrhea. Not sure if this is normal or not. He does eat, and drinks plenty of water because I watch him every time to make sure. He’s around 3-4 months old. This behavior started around 2 days ago. I am very concerned because he does not act like the active, energized turkey he use to be. He is very sweet and I have raised him since he was 3 days old. He will usually come to me when called, but he has been just so exhausted lately. He keeps his wings drooped a lot. I’m not sure if this is something else or because of the heat because it is very hot up here in north Georgia. I’m afraid he’s sick or got some disease. There are 4 other turkeys and 4 chickens. All free range and sleep in the same coop. I know raising chickens and turkeys together can cause some sicknesses in turkeys, but I’m just not sure. Help would be much appreciated. I am so worried about him and I do not have vet money. Any tips or natural antibiotics or just any ideas would be great. Thank you.
(Picture attached is tommy sleeping beside me)

Attachments

• 95E9BFD4-CBAD-4936-92B4-8B0FB27AF60A.jpeg
    95E9BFD4-CBAD-4936-92B4-8B0FB27AF60A.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom