Please Help! Raccoon Problem!!! Click Here!!!!!!!!

Pics
I would worry about the dog being hurt. A lab is not a match for a dog, in water the dog would be dead. A couple dogs would take a coon though.
I agree. We coon hunt. I’ve seen dogs drown by coons. Some dogs are capable of dispatching them solo. Had a small red tick gyp that could quickly kill a coon by herself. Had two large male walkers that were constantly wipped together. Raccoons can be quiet formidable whenever cornered. They also can transmit polyradiculoneuritis and that is heartbreaking to see your top hound go through. With the posters location hurdles I would recommend them just call a licensed nuisance wildlife trapper.

My Redbone mix kills them. At least two or three times a summer we’ll wake up to find a dead raccoon that he has killed and dragged into the yard: He’s 7 this year, so maybe he’ll slow down. It’s not just coons, though. He’ll eradicate any animal that he doesn’t think belongs here. I watched him take out a big stray tomcat once. It was all over in a matter of seconds.

This summer my dog tangled with a full-grown beaver. I don’t know how long they’d been doing the circling, bite and jump back thing but they were both exhausted when I called the dog off. (Ruger almost seemed relieved when I called him.)

Back
Top Bottom