Please Help! Raccoon Problem!!! Click Here!!!!!!!!

Pics
Must drop at least 10 miles away!maybe leave them with a mound of cat food and near water so they just stay away! Or try the night predator solar lights on Amazon hang at their eye height they flash red like predator eyes. I have had them for years apparently work only an opossum will pass through now and again they don’t bother much if you keep the eggs collected every day.
I tried the predator lights, waste of money, time and energy.

I gave you the name of The Director of Law, in South Euclid. Before you lie about me stating any violation of the law, check with him. Counsel knoweth not from whence it speaks.

You could drive 6" galvanized Garden stakes into the ground where they dig (200/$20 so pretty affordable). I turned my backyard into Fort Knox after a coon killed two of my chickens. In addition to an electric fence (not cheap, ~$300), I lined the top of my (wood) fence with carpet tack strips. Squirrels still navigate it, but a coon paw does not like it.

Municipal code is municipal code. I can walk out my back door, not being in city limits, and discharge a firearm. However, in South Euclid, a suburb in which I own a few homes, I can't do so, unless I'm defending myself ... and that's not against a raccoon, skunk, or squirrel.

However, I do know that I can dispatch a caged coon. Drowning is legal. However, I have a spring loaded device, if I can get the coon to look at me, in one of the areas wherein the cage gaps are large enough, I can place that, against a vermin's head ... and it's a few kicks, writhing, and a dispatched coon.

You could drive 6" galvanized Garden stakes into the ground where they dig (200/$20 so pretty affordable). I turned my backyard into Fort Knox after a coon killed two of my chickens. In addition to an electric fence (not cheap, ~$300), I lined the top of my (wood) fence with carpet tack strips. Squirrels still navigate it, but a coon paw does not like it.
Sorry, BeatO. I was replying to duluthralphie. It had to do with legally dispatching raccoons within the city limits of South Euclid, Ohio. I have no idea how the reply went to you, but I apologize as I simply must have done something wrong.

Box of 22 long rifle:old
Subsonic......sounds like a nail gun.
I don't know if anybody mentioned distemper, we have a huge problem with raccoon distemper here right now and it can be transmitted to dogs through raccoon spit or other body fluids, I think humans are in danger as well. So not just rabies.....

Last edited:
Good idea, but we can't trap or shoot, because we live in the city! Darn raccoons!!!

raccoons are smart and persistent. You can buy a static pet fence and run two strands of wire around the coop at about 4” and 12” from the ground. The raccoons will get a harmless but startling zap when they touch it. So will you, so be careful😂 the unit itself runs around $80 plus wire and some PVC pipe for poles. This saved our garden from raccoons years ago.

Good idea, but we can't trap or shoot, because we live in the city! Darn raccoons!!!
You are probably allowed to live trap nuisance animals. Then with permission of the local game enforcement warden you will be able to exterminate them. I live in a big city and was allowed to catch and drown two of them. Not pretty but they were destroying my property.

Back
Top Bottom