Please Help! Raccoon Problem!!! Click Here!!!!!!!!

Have not read all replies, but the way I exclude rats from digging under the coop is by laying metal flashing on top of the ground all around the coop. (Flashing is much better than hardware cloth because rats can't get their jaws around an individual piece of wire.)

It is much easier than trying to make an underground barrier which never seems to go down far enough. The digging animals seem to have the instinct to dig right next to what they want to get under, and don't seem to think of tunneling from a distance.

And btw, I totally agree that drowning is incredibly inhumane and I applaud you for maintaining civilized standards of conduct.
Have your birds cut their feet on that stuff?

Raccoons are digging under our chicken coop! Yes, raccoons. :mad: :he:he:he:he:rant:rant:rant:rantDarn raccoons!!!! They have been extremely persistent. What are fairly cheap products that you use that are affective raccoon repellents? ANY INFO WILL BE WELCOMED, AND APPRECIATED!!!!!
Thanks in advance!!!
A 12 gauge will take care of that problem.

The alarm I mentioned will never be heard by your neighbors on the possum setting, nor will it violate neighborhood rules unless yours don't allow electricity. I got mine after someone else on this site recommended it.

Good idea, but we can't trap or shoot, because we live in the city! Darn raccoons!!!
We also live in the city, where it is illegal to trap. When we had problems with them, I went to tractor supply for a live trap. I chose no gun because of the noise. So, my options were submerse the trap in water or hop in the car and take the trap several miles away. That was several years ago and we haven’t had problems since. - I know, I know, it might have had a family, etc.. But I really don’t care. My chickens are more Important to me than neighborhood vermin.

Raccoons are digging under our chicken coop! Yes, raccoons. :mad: :he:he:he:he:rant:rant:rant:rantDarn raccoons!!!! They have been extremely persistent. What are fairly cheap products that you use that are affective raccoon repellents? ANY INFO WILL BE WELCOMED, AND APPRECIATED!!!!!
Thanks in advance!!!
We also live in the city, where it is illegal to trap. When we had problems with them, I went to tractor supply for a live trap. I chose no gun because of the noise. So, my options were submerse the trap in water or hop in the car and take the trap several miles away. That was several years ago and we haven’t had problems since. - I know, I know, it might have had a family, etc.. BuI really don’t care. My chickens are more Important to me than neighborhood vermin.

I got a new useful, and helpful deterrent. It seems to work fairly well, less trouble with them now. Wondering what it is? Not for sale, that's what.

Oh, and it's a
A dog. I got a pure german shepherd somebody DUMPED cause he is gentle, and not mean or scary.He is 8 months by the vet's estimate! No collar, no chip, and no lost signs or postings! Can you believe that? When those raccoons see/smell him, they hightail it out of there!:lau Dog NOT for sale.
Product review, Highly recommend.

We trapped one last week that got 3 hens. It is legal where i live to shoot them, so that's what we did. We caught this one using cat food. It took about 5 days though. You could put the trapped animal in a large plastic trash bag and run car exhaust in. More humane than drowning, since the animal goes to sleep.

Oh, and it's a
A dog. I got a pure german shepherd somebody DUMPED cause he is gentle, and not mean or scary.He is 8 months by the vet's estimate! No collar, no chip, and no lost signs or postings! Can you believe that? When those raccoons see/smell him, they hightail it out of there!:lau Dog NOT for sale.
Product review, Highly recommend.
In my 60 years..... I find that many people will give up on ‘high energy’ dogs, around 8 or 9ish months. Well, around that age, the dogs start to lose that ‘Puppy cuteness’ and need more work. - They are teenagers. I have gotten several FREE dogs this way. Of all the dogs I have had, there was only one that I finally gave up on. The rest of them, with patience, alot of direction, and MUCH Love, all but one became Very good dogs! We currently have a Weimaraner and a 1 year old German Shepard. These two breeds are high energy dogs that crave direction, but you end up getting 10x rewards for the effort you put into them. I will never be without a German Shepard again, (this is our third).

Back
Top Bottom