60​
JaeG
59​
Pork Pie
58​
Overo Mare
56​
featheredplanets
@Nifty-Chicken, can we do another one of these?

@Nifty-Chicken, can we do another one of these?

nuthatched
179​
sourland
153​
Wyorp Rock
145​
Eggcessive
126​
Kiki
103​
casportpony
98​
Tookie
95​
Jenbirdee
95​
JedJackson
92​
-Chanticleer-
74​
TwoCrows
72​
SmiYa0126
70​
LTAY1946
64​
DobieLover
64​
SilverBirds
64​
Miss Lydia
56​
Gigachad poultry
54​
Debbie292d
52​
NatJ
49​
oldhenlikesdogs
48​

BYC has been blessed with a HUGE influx of new peeps over the past 3 months, but with all these new members come a LOT of new questions.

Unfortunately a lot of questions have gone unanswered, and this can be a poor experience for our fellow peeps, especially when it happens to brand-new members!

We'd like to encourage everyone to take a moment and look through the Unanswered Posts here: (list without BST section) : https://www.backyardchickens.com/pages/unanswered/

(with BST, etc. https://www.backyardchickens.com/find-threads/unanswered)

... and focusing on the oldest items, see if you can give a helpful and friendly reply to a handful of posts. If every active member chips in a little-bit wherever they can be of assistance, we could have every new thread have a response :)

In some cases you might have a great answer, in other cases, it might be really helpful to point the person to another thread with answers, and in other situations, it might be beneficial to ask for more details and information that the OP (original poster) left out.

So, take a look, remember what it was like to be a brand-new chicken-owner who needed help, and do your best to "pay-it-forward" by replying to a few unanswered threads!
I tried a few but so many of them need to re home roosters or flocks and I don't know how to direct them to state threads.

I didn't realize anyone was keeping track of first responders, but that's way cool to know it now. I had bookmarked the link to the unanswered posts and try go there first every time I get here.

I just feel bad for all those people posting their free roosters. I have been there, done that! So I try to give suggestions and help on any other posts I see where I actually might have experience or knowledge. I'm old, but I still learn something new all the time! 🤗

I tried a few but so many of them need to re home roosters or flocks and I don't know how to direct them to state threads.

For the rehoming threads, if they are in the right place and give the necessary information, I don't think they really need an answer (except from someone who wants the bird in question.)

For the other threads, that is why it is good to have many different people look: none of us knows everything, but all of us together have quite a lot of knowledge. So we can each answer the things we do know, and between us we manage to provide answers to most questions.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom